niedziela, 28 kwietnia 2013

Another day in London


In fact, it was mostly in Greenwich. I dreamed about this point since I was a schoolboy. Era of great geographical discoveries and the era of great sailing ships were this thing, what made my imagination worked hard. Ships named Clippers were culmination of sailing navy glory. Next step belonged to steam ships.

Cutty Sark is one of the most famous merchant fleet sail ships, so being so close, I had to visit her.


Cutty Sart 

Cutty Sark

Cutty Sark

Greenwich is for many people a synonim of meridian zero. Visit in Royal Astronomy Observatory is only place, where one can stand in both hemisferes, eastern and western in the same time. I also can't miss such opportunity.

Greenwich

This is where navigators of ships had set their chronometers so as to later be able to determine longitude, upon the moment when sun reached its highest position at sky.

Greenwich

Nowadays new source of British welness is next to old source of glorry.

London

Marco had more practical approach to London's attractions. Soho and Covent Garden gave us a nice balans from seeing museums and VIPs (Very Important Places).


London

Nice trip, but next time I will focus only on one attraction. Seeing and visiting too much in too short time, made me dazed. I am afraid, that I lost many of details and possible emotions. London - see you next time, maybe somebody else will order my work here.