piątek, 21 czerwca 2013

Pulpit Rock

The most famous touristic atractions of Ryfylke are Lysefiord, Kjeragbolten and Preikestolen. I saw Lysefiord last summer. This year I got an opportunity to visit Preikestolen. A ferryboat and bus took me from Stavanger to opposite side of the bay, where a nice but a little bit tiring walk begun.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Climbing up from a place where bus dropped me out took me about two hours. Path was steeply up but it was nice walk. Slender vegetation was trying to keep on a thin layer of soil.

Two hours later I reached the pass, where I got a prize - a view along Lysefjord.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

The culmination of this walk was edge of mountain above the fjord. It looked impresive, especially for these who suffer acrophobia. There was no handrails, but folks seemed to don't care of the hight.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

 There was motorboat 600 meters below my feets. It would be almost not visible if not her kilwater.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

And another motorboat ...

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Why there are no handrails? Nobody care.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Now only walk back down remained and ferry across the bay, back to Stavanger.

Preikestolen - Pulpit Rock

Round trip takes 5 hours and costs about 250 NOK. Now only Kjeragbolten remains. I hope that CRP testing session will help me to reach last target available here.